Home Insurance & Home Exchange

Home exchanging is trust-based and problems between HomeLink members are rare.  However, you still need to ensure that your home and belongings are adequately insured while your exchange guests are in residence.

Homelink UK have teamed up with GUARDHOG, who offer specifically designed insurance to cover hosts when they have home exchange partners to stay.  GUARDHOG is underwritten by Hiscox Limited, a global insurer with an A+ rating by Fitch.

GuardHog insurance

The GUARDHOG insurance policy is designed to dovetail with your existing home and contents insurance.  It's called HOSTCOVER and it protects you and your home from:

  • Malicious damage
  • Accidental damage
  • Theft by the guest
  • Public liability

... and ensures that your Buildings & Contents (including Communal Areas) are properly insured when you have home exchange guests to stay.  It's charged by the day (typically around £2 / day) and you only buy cover for the time your exchange guests are in your home.

Please read the following insurance documents carefully so you understand what this policy provides, as well as the limitations and exclusions. 

  1. Policy Summary
  2. Policy Wording

Please note that this cover is only available for homes in the UK.

If you have any questions, including information on how the policy works or how to make a claim, please call GUARDHOG on 020 7199 3258, email:  or go to www.guardhog.com.

GuardHog is a registered trading name of Insurance Tailors limited, a company registered in England and Wales number 5928330, whose registered office is at 1a May Road, London, TW2 6QW. Insurance Tailors is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Copyright © 2017 HomeLink UK | privacy policy | terms & conditions | Site Map

Powered by Intergage